MyBB Codes

Full Version: Minimum number of posts to send Personal messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made this plugin yesterday for this guy here and decided to submit it here and share it with everyone else as well. Maybe there will be other users that will find it useful too.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-51716.html

What does this plugin do: With this plugin you will be able to set a minimum number of posts for your users in order to send Personal Messages.

You can enable and disable the mod from the acp of your forum, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to send Personal Messages. By default it is set to 5 posts. For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Alternatively you can download the below attached package as well.

Edit: I updated the package with 2 extra options. One is to exclude Membergroups and the other to exclude individual members from the posts limit.

Don''t forget to enter their ID''s and not names.
Is this ok for 1.6?
Yes i have completed all plugins update for 1.6 with an automated script. The readme files and threads would also need to be updated soon...

Wink
Some how can we have this updated so that it prevents members from spamming emails & pms.

Right now you select the amount of posts before a member can Pm other members right? But spammers all they have to do is use the email system to totally bypass this plugin from the profile, thereforth this plugin if updated would do the job of 2 in 1 and wipe out spammers all together. Smile
Reference URL's