MyBB Codes

Full Version: [Plugin for Mybb 1.4.*] Hide Posts Until Reply!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Name: Hide Posts Until Reply!

Type: Plugin for Mybb

Version: For any versions of Mybb 1.4* series.

Funcionality: Originally I was going to make it to automatically hide only links which would be seen until users had replied as requested here:

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=98

But then skiilz came up with some extra suggestions that were appealing to me as like that I can make use of the plugin myself as well.

Anyway, this plugin will allow you to hide posts at certain forum/forums, until a user has replied to see them. You can hide the entire post, half of the post, links or whatever you wish. When the user will see the hidden content, he/she will see a message informing him/her that they must reply in order to see it. After they reply, they must refresh the browser and they will see the hidden content along with a nice message thanking them for their post.

Both messages that will be displayed to the users, before and after the reply, are fully customizable in the acp. There you can also enable and disable the plugin, enter the id''s of the forum where you wish to hide the posts and as last but not least, you can also choose which membergroups can see the hidden contents without having to reply.

The admins see the hidden content automatically.

To have an idea how the plugin looks like in action, please check the attached screenshots below.

Important: Nobody is authorized to upload this plugin in other sites/forums and claim it as their own. You are also not allowed to remove the copyright without my permission. By downloading the plugin you agree to the above.

Download link:

The plugin is free. However 5 posts are needed to download it. If you will bother to post at all, then please make them quality ones. You now need to be a MyBBCodes.com subscriber to download this plugin. Thank you Smile
Here are some extra screenshots.
Thank you.
I'll download this plugin now.
Keep the good work.
(12-14-2009 02:00 PM)skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.
I'll download this plugin now.
Keep the good work.

You are most welcome and thank you for helping test it.

This was my last plugin for a while.
Ok, no problem.
Yes. Wait till the 1.6 is out.
I belive its a great plugin, however I can't get it to work. Is there any settings I need to change except activating it in settings and specifieing the forums and groups?

Thanks in advance Smile
(12-14-2009 02:45 PM)Svizy Wrote: [ -> ]I belive its a great plugin, however I can't get it to work. Is there any settings I need to change except activating it in settings and specifieing the forums and groups?

Thanks in advance Smile

All you need to do is to enable it and enter the settings correctly. Note, that the admins will see the hidden posts automatically.

Can you tell me what problems are you experiencing with the plugin btw? Cos it has been tested thoroughly and it works fine.
I've installed it on my localhost so I cannot provide an live demo. I'm not experiancing any error, only it seems like it doesn't work. I've left all settings as it is with exception of activating it (Yes) and adding an forum to use it on (fID: 2).
But I still see the regular bbcode istead of the warning message:
[hide]hidden content[/hide]
(12-14-2009 02:54 PM)Svizy Wrote: [ -> ]I've installed it on my localhost so I cannot provide an live demo. I'm not experiancing any error, only it seems like it doesn't work. I've left all settings as it is with exception of activating it (Yes) and adding an forum to use it on (fID: 2).
But I still see the regular bbcode istead of the warning message:
[hide]hidden content[/hide]

That is because you see it as an admin and the admins see the hidden content automatically. Create a test account and try to view the hidden content with it instead.
Works fine now, but in order to successfuly use it I would need to remove the multiquote, because it shows the hidden content Wink

EDIT:
To prove this I did it on this board, I haven't replied to any of the test areas and I know what the hidden text is in the second one:
[hide]This is a test post to test if part of the post will be hidden and be seen only after the user replied. Thank you for helping to test the plugin.[/hide]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's