MyBB Codes

Full Version: I am very sad, cos ur Proxy System DOES NOT WORK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Admins and Owner of this website!

I am very pissed and I am very disapointed, COS YOUR PROXY SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK! I do not use any proxy or other crazy stuff, but still I couldnt register, aand you know what the funny thing is, THAT I USED A PROXY TO REGISTER after I was told I couldnt, then WHY I CAN REGISTER with a proxy and not with my real IP, I used a proxy to register from I dont know a free proxy search on google,

I am not a Pakistani, 2nd I am not a hacker or a Attacker or what you guys are affraid of in this forum, 3rd I am just as any other new member, and I am new in mybb!

I tried to register the Forum with a cool mind, but I am very disapointed, and I want you to know that the proxy thing does not work, you guys may have lost many users cos of this, cos a lot of people do not know how to use a proxy, but as I am educated as computer assistant, and as a forum owner, its my duty to let you guys know that its not working, I have a vbulletin forum with 1000 users, and I was also using same Proxy Blocker, but to be honest, for forums It does not work, cos it blocks real ip as well!
If you guys know about the attackers, then you must also know that a they can come in here no matter what, cos I DID, and I used a proxy from a Google search! Now my real Ip is from Denmark and I am danish, and I beg you guys to remove the Proxy thing, cos it trully ruined my day Sad

And thank u for a nice forum, I just changed from vBulletin to mybb, so i am in total search for new plugins and forums, I am just sad that you guys lose a lot of good users! Thanks for having me, and have a nice day!
And Dont forget I used a proxy to register, cos my real IP was denied, you guys can check my registered IP, and my IP that I am posting with, my posting IP is my real IP, and I was told that my IP was BLOCKED, can you please check for later use! THANKS A LOT
Thank you for your comments!

First you should know that any good proxy blockers would only work for 95 % of the situations and could have up to 5% false positive. But we have seen a decrease of at least 95% of the problems we had in the past and it was enough to accept few false positives...

When you have to manage many sites and have to give more than 4 hours a day just to clean up bad people registrations you have to find ways to ease your work, even if a few innocent people would have problems with this situation. I can be reached from good people not able to register and I helped a few to go though the registration process...

From your point of view you believe that this system is not working, but it is. I will not describe the reasons why, to not help the bad people to find their way in. But I can tell you that our proxy rejection script is at its most restricting level.

I will have a look at your registration process this weekend, because everything is logged here. Thank you again for letting me know about the loophole in our proxy blocking strategy.

I hope you will find what you are looking for, here at MyBBCodes.com!
Thank you for your kind reply,, I was so disapointed, but I am all good again,
It could be nice to make a direct PM LINK to you, for those who cant register, and to check your teori and to help you, I will make one of my friends register as well later this week, and I hope that he can get through!

My registration was with a proxy, and not my own IP, but I am also a part of the team to secure a good forum, and I wanna be sure that no one gets in and ruin it for good people as well as in here.

Thank you for your nice reply and I hope that I can get some good advice along the way, cos I am totally new to mybb, Thank u for having me, and to mention, it could be nice to have some more plugins for mybb 1.6!

A very nice forum thank u again!
Reference URL's