MyBB Codes

Full Version: BAN ISP plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that great ide would be a banning ISP mod for mybb, some people are connecting by non static IPs (arrrgh, usualy those who are spamming the most) so great idea would be to ban there isp and say byebye to themWink
I think its not a good idea, bcz may be 100 members are using the same ISP, and banning the ISP completely will make all of others out of reach, Thus you will loose 99 members for a guilt of a single user.

Yes it would be nice if a range of IPs banning plugin develop.
(01-05-2010 01:21 PM)naqshbandios_limra Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it would be nice if a range of IPs banning plugin develop.

Would be nice too but I would like to ban a ISP which gives a lot of problems in my country, the only one from several thousands....so... for me its good ideaWink
(01-05-2010 01:45 PM)Mobius Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice too but I would like to ban a ISP which gives a lot of problems in my country, the only one from several thousands....so... for me its good ideaWink

Yeah, its good for you.
Mobius,

Yes I agree with you.
Sometimes it's better to ban the ISP just to avoid people who give trouble to the forum in your case for example.
I agree that it is sometime an obligation to ban a whole country when too many troubles is coming from it.

A site owner have to balance the advantages versus the disavantages for such an action. I honestly have to say that i had to ban China from two of my sites because of too many tries to break in, having absolutely no customers from China i did not felt that i was loosing anything by banning them.

But if i had only one customer from China i would have reconsider the whole country banning for sure!

You also have to understand that ill-behaved users can easily use proxys from other countries to hide their IP and ISP informations. So it would be more difficult to get rid of those.

I could create a plugin that will not allow access to a specific list of ISPs filled by the forum admin. But this will get rid of maybe 80% of those bad users and could also block a lot more of good users at the same time.

Just tell me if you really want this plugin... Wink
(01-05-2010 03:55 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]You also have to understand that ill-behaved users can easily use proxys from other countries to hide their IP and ISP informations. So it would be more difficult to get rid of those.

Usually people who are annoying me are 12-13 years old, they are called in my country Neo Kids aka stupid teenagers, they don't have any good knowledge about changing proxies etc, so it won't be a problem at all.

All in all the plugin I want the most is Myps for SMS, as I posted in different threadWink so this can wait a little bit but I'm sure that some of the admins will use such plugin that will allow them to ban isp.
Is there any possibility that ban isp/host plugin will be created? I'm everyday more angry at those neo kids:/
Reference URL's