MyBB Codes
[Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Printable Version

+- MyBB Codes (http://www.mybbcodes.com)
+-- Forum: Mods Database (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Premium Mods (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=578)

[Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 11-27-2009 11:57 AM

//----------------
//PLUGIN OVERVIEW:
//----------------

Name: View Thread Readers
Author: exdiogene
Description: This plugin will allow you to View All Members who previously read a thread at the bottom of each thread.
Version: 1.2
Compatibility: 1.4.x,1.6.x,1.8.x,2.0.x
Files To Upload: One
Files To Edits: None
Author is Responsible For Any Damage: NO
Author Provide Support For This Product: YES
License: Inside the License Folder
Copyrights: All codes within the product are strongly copyrighted to Regentronique.

//------------
//SCREENSHOTS:
//------------
[attachment=556]<--- ACP Settings
[attachment=544]

//----------
// DOWNLOAD:
//----------

If you are subscriber, then Go to the download button.
[Image: download.jpg]

//--------
//SUPPORT:
//--------

I can be reached at http://www.mybbcodes.com with username exdiogene

---
I hope that you will appreciate this plugin.
Thank You
exdiogene

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - naqshbandios_limra - 01-08-2010 11:39 AM

Actually I didn't like the way it displayed at the bottom sorry. Except using the following suggestions;

1. If you enclose that variable in a box.
2. If you use formatted usernames with their profile links.
3. Show the last time when they read it. (It uses a jscript to display the time in a tool tip)
4. Show guests, invisible users aswell (obviously their numbers)
5. Show how many times that thread read before.

Take them as suggestions please dear exdiogene, as I know that you are good and quick coder, and definitely find a solution for this. Other then that its quite usefull plugin. Keep up the great job !

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 01-08-2010 03:47 PM

(01-08-2010 11:39 AM)naqshbandios_limra Wrote:  Actually I didn't like the way it displayed at the bottom sorry. Except using the following suggestions;

1. If you enclose that variable in a box.
2. If you use formatted usernames with their profile links.
3. Show the last time when they read it. (It uses a jscript to display the time in a tool tip)
4. Show guests, invisible users aswell (obviously their numbers)
5. Show how many times that thread read before.

Take them as suggestions please dear exdiogene, as I know that you are good and quick coder, and definitely find a solution for this. Other then that its quite usefull plugin. Keep up the great job !

1. Yes indeed it would look better.
2. It could be done, while i do not really see the necessity for the hundreds that could appear here on the long run.
3. Sorry, but first i am absolutely against using javascript in my plugins unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, for security and access reasons. Second this could be done without javascript.
4. How would you manage to find out the REAL number of guests who have looked at a thread? The same guest could look at the same thread dozens of time with different IPs each time. This value won't be accurate enough.
5. The total of members having read the thread is quite easy to show, i already had the intention to include this with the new setting i had in mind.

I had the intention to include another feature for this next week,it was already in my ToDo list: "Having a maximum number of names to be displayed."

For forums having thousands of registered members this list could grow quite large, so administrators could manage how many they want to have displayed. Only that many of the latest readers would be displayed.

Keep in mind that this was the quick result of a plugin request... Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - naqshbandios_limra - 01-09-2010 12:34 AM

(01-08-2010 03:47 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  I had the intention to include another feature for this next week,it was already in my ToDo list: "Having a maximum number of names to be displayed."

For forums having thousands of registered members this list could grow quite large, so administrators could manage how many they want to have displayed. Only that many of the latest readers would be displayed.

Keep in mind that this was the quick result of a plugin request... Wink

Yes this will be good feature.

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 01-17-2010 04:40 PM

The new upgraded version have been uploaded.

Enjoy!

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - BlackerCracker - 01-21-2010 03:59 PM

Quick question. Does it show it to everyone, or just admins?

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 01-21-2010 04:23 PM

Actually it is showing to everyone.

Would you need it to show only to specific groups like administrators or moderators?

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - BlackerCracker - 01-21-2010 04:27 PM

(01-21-2010 04:23 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  Actually it is showing to everyone.

Would you need it to show only to specific groups like administrators or moderators?

Admins would be ideal. But maybe just certain groups as well. But admins would be good enough.

Thanks for you help. Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 01-21-2010 04:47 PM

I will include a group selection setting, so you can select who will not see it, leave it empty for everyone to see it.

This would be done before the weekend. Wink

P.S. I hope you know that you must be a subscriber to download this plugin?

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - BlackerCracker - 01-21-2010 06:31 PM

Thank you!!

It will be well worth the subscription to have that plugin.
I will do that before the end of today!

Thanks again!

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 01-21-2010 08:09 PM

The new feature have been included in version 1.2 of this plugin, i will upload the file in few minutes...

Smile

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - FBI - 07-10-2010 09:22 PM

it would be nice, if Admin or Supermod are excluded from being recorded on this reader lists Wink

I will check the performance on big forum

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 09-15-2010 03:10 AM

Question is there a reason why after 7 days the names get erased? Or Do I need to edit something to show the total without loosing the amount of people who viewed this thread in the total days?

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 09-15-2010 10:32 AM

The maximum retension delay is editable in your AdminCP...

If you have a not too large quantity of threads then you could put 365 in :

Configuration » ShowThread Options » Read Threads in Database (Days)

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 09-15-2010 11:13 AM

Ok Thanks, so 365 is the longest suggested period to put? Or we can add more days if we want?
So the numeric number would go right after the
PHP Code:[Highlight]
{MemberNumbermembers viewed this thread in the last {DayNumberdays :365 
?

again, Thank You

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 09-15-2010 11:35 AM

(09-15-2010 11:13 AM)Technoman Wrote:  Ok Thanks, so 365 is the longest suggested period to put? Or we can add more days if we want?
?

again, Thank You

Not sure you understood what i wrote...

You only change the numbers of retention days for the threads read information into you AdminCP. The plugin is using that setting to automate itself...

Like i wrote before, just go in your AdminCp and change the setting from the (7) days already there :

Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 09-15-2010 12:15 PM

(09-15-2010 11:35 AM)exdiogene Wrote:  
(09-15-2010 11:13 AM)Technoman Wrote:  Ok Thanks, so 365 is the longest suggested period to put? Or we can add more days if we want?
?

again, Thank You

Not sure you understood what i wrote...

You only change the numbers of retention days for the threads read information into you AdminCP. The plugin is using that setting to automate itself...

Like i wrote before, just go in your AdminCp and change the setting from the (7) days already there :

Wink

7 days is not even in it, this is what I have
{MemberNumbermembers viewed this thread in the last {DayNumberdays 

so where would 365 be placed ? there is no where that has even 7 days Angry

lol .... let me know

{MemberNumbermembers viewed this thread in the last {DayNumberdays 

Oh, unless you meant this way?

{MemberNumbermembers viewed this thread in the last {365days 

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 09-15-2010 12:27 PM

Now i know you did not understood!

You have nothing to do with the plugin settings!

It is a standard feature of MyBB, that can be change in the AdminCp...

Just follow the steps i wrote 2 times :

1- Go in your Admin Control Panel
2- Click Configuration in the menu
3- Click ShowThread Options in the listed Setting Groups
4- Change the value for Read Threads in Database (Days)

There should be a 7 there from what you told me... Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 09-15-2010 12:38 PM

Man I had to read that 10 times and then understood, my brain is in lala land!!!!!!!

Its good now exdiogene Smile Thanks .... I need to take my doze of coffee before the day gets worse Smile

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 03-22-2011 06:03 PM

I found a small plugin on mybb (dirwalk.php) which goes directly into the plugins folder and it prints out every php file to see they properly begin with:
<?php and ends with ?>.

I am trying to find the culprit to why my attachments all of a sudden arent showing and supposivly this helps try to find the culprit.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-47354-post-347635.html

[attachment=802]

ok with this plugin it failed

FAIL ('/inc/plugins/Regentronique_ViewThreadReaders.php' starts with <?php [NO NEWLINE])

OK ('/inc/plugins/Regentronique_ViewThreadReaders.php' ends with ?> [no newline])

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 03-22-2011 11:50 PM

This plugin is starting with
<?
instead of the more traditional shebang
<?php

This should not give any issue in 98% of all hostings, if you need to test it with the full shebang you are welcome to edit it.

I will correct it meantime in the downloading section in the next 48 hours... Wink

Thank you for the information!

P.S. The main purpose of the dirwalk plugin is to find the "UTF-8 byte order marks".

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 03-23-2011 05:14 PM

(03-22-2011 11:50 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  This should not give any issue in 98% of all hostings

I wasnt saying your plugin was giving any problems but i did post before your response that I had found a failed in the php from the <start to end>.

I only wanted to bring to your attention and thank you very much for your response bro.

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 06-06-2011 11:16 AM

ok when i placed this plugin into the plugins folder and then go to admin for installing plugins once I get into the install plugins it seems this plugin is like scramble words all over ...any reason why? For now I am using an older version of your plugin with mybb 1.63

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 06-06-2011 11:25 AM

Have you tried to reinstall the plugin? It could have been caused by a bad decompression of the archive or a bad copy with FTP...

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 06-06-2011 05:20 PM

here is what i get after 3 times downloading it from here

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 06-06-2011 06:06 PM

If you look at the plugin do you have "<?php" at its beginning?

If not, then put "<?php" at the very first line!

P.S. I have uploaded a new version today, with the header already fixed...

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - kLx - 10-11-2012 09:31 PM

qzddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 11-01-2014 05:03 AM

Mybb 1.8.1 it is throwing off this error when installing it in the plugins?
Is this compatible for the new release?

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined function rebuildsettings() in C:\www\inc\plugins\Regentronique_ViewThreadReaders.php on line 129
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0050    404944    {main}( )    ..\index.php:0
2    0.3350    6469672    require( 'C:\www\admin\modules\config\plugins.php' )    ..\index.php:597
3    0.3450    6519632    call_user_func:{C:\www\admin\modules\config\plugins.php:412} ( )    ..\plugins.php:412
4    0.3450    6519832    Regentronique_ViewThreadReaders_install( )

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 11-01-2014 07:29 AM

The function rebuildsettings() have been renamed to rebuild_settings() in the 1.8.x versions.

An easy fix would be to edit line 129 of Regentronique_ViewThreadReaders.php and add the underscore. Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 11-01-2014 12:47 PM

Thank You so much for the fix Heart

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 11-02-2014 03:28 PM

That worked perfectly. Dodgy

I have a question though, would there be a simple way or solution to having also the avature of each member showing up beside the user name? Huh

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - exdiogene - 11-03-2014 09:09 AM

That would be a very long process in the case of hundreds of avatars to show. Have also to consider the space it would take, line height would be 6 to 8 times higher and item would be 2 to 3 time wider.

So it would take up to 24 times more space to display!

If we reduce de size of the avatar, the server ressources to load and shrink all them would be quite considerable and the visibility would be insufficient for many of them to be recognized...

And to finish about this feature, it would be difficult to know if the avatar is for the username to the left or the right without surrounding it with a border or using other distinctive separator. This taking even more space to display.

I leave the conclusion to you! Wink

RE: [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 - Technoman - 11-05-2014 12:12 AM

(11-03-2014 09:09 AM)exdiogene Wrote:  That would be a very long process in the case of hundreds of avatars to show. Have also to consider the space it would take, line height would be 6 to 8 times higher and item would be 2 to 3 time wider.

So it would take up to 24 times more space to display!

If we reduce de size of the avatar, the server ressources to load and shrink all them would be quite considerable and the visibility would be insufficient for many of them to be recognized...

And to finish about this feature, it would be difficult to know if the avatar is for the username to the left or the right without surrounding it with a border or using other distinctive separator. This taking even more space to display.

I leave the conclusion to you! Wink

Nermind, i can just imagine the server over loading Big Smile