Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[3.88.16.192], connected from

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Advanced Thread Tags
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM
RE: Advanced Thread Tags
I would need your forum URL, to verify few things... Wink

exdiogene's signature MyBBCodes.com administrator
Cool " It is not what you know that matters, it is what you do or do not do!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2011, 04:07 AM
(09-17-2011 03:11 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  I would need your forum URL, to verify few things... Wink

Hello. Sorry for the late reply..
Here is the forum url:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/

Thanks..

bestblackhatforum.com's signature
09-20-2011, 09:14 AM
How could you subscribe here and ask for support on our plugins when you have a BlackHat forum distributing Nulled Scripts?

Hacking, Cracking and serial number distribution are not allowed here and it is clearly stated in our rules!

You have already downloaded 6 of our plugins and I wont permit any more downloads from you...

Sad

11-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Ok - its nok working properly this plugin.

Just downloaded and tested it. Have the same problem as above.

1. The plugin-file is encoded in some inappropriate format. I had to mess around with it.
2. The search-function isnt working - Search not inserted in the searchbutton - and no results when pushing it. Because it isnt reading my subdir into it.
3. When clicking on a tag it redirects wrongly because it doesnt read the forum sub dir.

Could you reupload it and make sure the files are encoded properly.

Disappointed.

Jacob

jacobl's signature
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
@jacobl,

I have just installed the plugin, for verification, over a huge MyBB support forum today and it was working perfectly. Maybe you did something wrong when installing it, can you give me your forum URL and your MyBB/MySql/PHP versions please.

Also, if you could explain in more details what was going wrong it would be more helpful.

You wrote "The plugin-file is encoded in some inappropriate format", can you be more explicit, are you telling me that the ZIP archive is bad? Because I have just downloaded it again before installing it on MyBB.fr and it was correct!

The search function and tags links are also working properly there, as well as here on MyBBcodes.com, so I would need your URL to verify your installation.

Thank you!

11-11-2011, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 05:41 PM by jacobl.)
ok so.

1. First time I installed the upgrade 1.2-version. Sorry. I should not have.
2. But the problem remains with the plugin-file, not the language-files: When i unzip with WINRAR and then open in notepad the plugin-file is not structured code - just a string. When I open in notepad++ it automatically structures the text properly. But if I upload it - it doesnt work.
3. On a clean install I made it work. I think at least.

4. So please fix the archive or mail me the zip or something - because I think it is the archive that is the problem.

5. Describe to me in exact detail - how this should be installed. Which zip-file to use - does it have to be updated, etc. ?

6. Try downloading and opening with winrar or winzip and open the plugin-file.

Jacob

jacobl's signature
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
By the way is there a rewrite function for this ? So when using google seo I would have domain.com/mybb/tag/tagexample or something the like ?

jacobl's signature
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
First, there is no one universal solution for text new lines.

It will always be dependent of the OS or the editor used.

It is also important when we unzip the file on our personal computer to use the TEXT transfer mode for uploading the files to the hosting directory. This way, the new lines separation will be maintained.

After a proper transfer of each files, then the plugin must be installed in your Admin Control Panel, after that you select the proper settings you want.

If you want then to scan all the titles of the previous threads if it is enabled, then you will need to click on the "Advanced Thread Tags" at the bottom of the left menu in the configuration section and proceed with the process and wait while all threads are processed...

This is a huge plugin with many features, this is why it could be difficult to set the settings properly for each personal usage.

P.S. I am actually completing the translation for the french language files and others will be soon available...

P.P.S. I am still waiting to get the URL for your site, to see if the plugin is operating properly!

11-17-2011, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2011 08:24 AM by jacobl.)
Ok.

1. When I turn off the friendly redirect pages - it stops working. That is, it stops redirecting properly, since my forum is in a subdirectory just beneath. This seems to be the problem.

2. When I want to tag a thread with jim marrs - as in a person that is called jim marrs I would like to maintain the two words as one tag - "jim marrs" - is that possible ? Currently it splits it into two tags "jim" and "marrs".

3. Is there a rewrite-function for the tags - I am using google seo 1.6.1 - do you know how to rewrite this ?

Send you a PM with login-info.

jacobl's signature
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
1- I do not know about the redirection issue you are writing about, I would need to see the code for understanding the way it could cause an issue.

2- Not at the moment, the tags are taken with the space as a separator and spaces are stripped from them before beeing included in the Database Table. I will have a look if I could make it possible to have them included manually in a thread discussion opening post, if this could be what you need? Or I could create a new setting to keep the spaces in a string delimited by quotes?

3- The rewriting process is always dependent of the script used for it, so I cannot tell you without knowing what is needed on your own site.

You have to keep in mind that this plugin, using complex operations and calling himself from different hooks and internal operations, cannot be integrated easily with other coders redirecting plugins.

Maybe I could make it compatible with one of the most popular SEO redirecting plugins, but this way I could render it even more incompatible with other plugins.

I will go read the PM, but I would not have time to do much before next week!

0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Release 1.4.x] View Thread Readers 1.0 exdiogene 26 14,645 08-17-2015 05:11 PM
Last Post: Technoman
  Regentronique Thread Notice exdiogene 0 11,148 02-15-2014 01:27 PM
Last Post: exdiogene
  [Release 1.4.x] Alphabetic Thread Display exdiogene 4 30,907 03-11-2011 02:07 AM
Last Post: billy423uk
  [Release 1.4.x] Thread Self Close exdiogene 0 1,892 12-15-2009 05:07 PM
Last Post: exdiogene
Heart [Release 1.4.x] Thread Ban 1.0 ghazal 0 1,578 10-04-2009 08:12 AM
Last Post: ghazal