MyBB Codes
What is happiness? - Printable Version

+- MyBB Codes (http://www.mybbcodes.com)
+-- Forum: Members Cafeteria (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Chit-Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: What is happiness? (/showthread.php?tid=545)

What is happiness? - robertwill - 11-09-2009 11:36 PM

Hi Friends.

"Happiness is one of the things we never get enough of, no matter how much we have and no matter what definition we give it."

I never heard anybody pretending being happy an entire life. Moments yes, but not a lifetime. Perhaps that’s because happiness is such an intense feeling that no human body can sustain it for so long. I don’t know. Nevertheless, I think I found a few simple rules for lots of happy life moments:

Please share your opinion.
Thanks.

RE: What is happiness? - ghazal - 11-10-2009 01:56 AM

If you are looking for happiness you should make others happy...

RE: What is happiness? - exdiogene - 11-10-2009 05:10 PM

For me :

Happiness is a feeling that is very conscience dependent and is mostly based on our own scale of values.

People having a very low state of conscience can quite easily be happy, because they hardly see whatever could affect their natural happiness.

More your state of conscience grows and more you realize the awfull things around you as well as the good things. This is the point of your scale of values importance, to determine what would have more weight in your scale: the good or the bad.

People with a very high level of conscience could then be extremely happy in life or extremely sad.

Beside the scale of values there is Faith. If you have a profound Faith you can also be very happy in life, when i say Faith i do not say religion. Because very religious persons can be sad to a point to kill people or even themselves...

One day i heard something very interresting in a movie named "StarMan", when the alien was questioned about how he was seeing humans :

"If i can say something about human beeings, it is that they are at their best when the things are at their worst and they are at their worst when the things are at their best!"

So this is explaining the root of hapiness, when there is little to expect from life, little things can be very joyfull. But when you have a lot from life you do not appreciate as much little things...

In conclusion, the happiness must not be dependent of what you receive but mostly of how you value things in your life.

P.S. Happiness i a free gift from God, that we can give ourself so easily!

RE: What is happiness? - Necro - 05-15-2010 03:44 PM

@exdiogene, I totally agree with you.

RE: What is happiness? - sebastian66 - 07-19-2010 07:31 AM

Happiness is the feeling which make you feel that you are the most luckiest person and you got whatever you want easily.

RE: What is happiness? - Nayar - 08-04-2010 09:21 AM

Happiness for me is when i forget about my sadness. Sad

RE: What is happiness? - alfordalvin - 11-09-2010 10:26 AM

Happiness is an emotion. Then the sadness, love, hate, curiosity, disgust, excitement, jealousy, contentment, depression, anxiety, fear, guilt and anger. All emotions have causes, causes that can be understood and controlled.

RE: What is happiness? - adrieleagle - 11-25-2010 10:52 AM

Happiness is a mood or feeling characteristic of satisfaction, love, satisfaction, pleasure or joy. Variety of approaches to biological, psychological, philosophical and religious have tried to define happiness and identifying its sources.

RE: What is happiness? - nicknickol - 12-24-2010 01:51 PM

Happiness is a mood or feeling characterized by joy, love, satisfaction, pleasure or joy. A variety of approaches to biological, psychological, philosophical and religious have tried to define happiness and identifying its sources.

RE: What is happiness? - ivanjones13 - 01-24-2011 12:37 AM

Happiness is an inner state of mind. Happiness can be said to be that illusive feeling that comes and goes, that we all yearn to be filled with. Happiness does not heal, but happiness protects against falling ill. For many of us, the goal of life isn't ultimate wealth, a massive amount of stuff, or the perfect car. It's happiness, plain and simple.

RE: What is happiness? - sharnedouglas - 02-09-2011 12:01 PM

Happiness is the one of the wonderful key to living life. And this word is totally depends on your mood. When you think about any special thing in your life, and by occasion you get the same. This one is the happiness.

RE: What is happiness? - nicholasgage - 03-28-2011 02:17 AM

Although not everyone agrees on how to define happiness, our experience speaks for itself. There may not be one simple happiness definition, but research may well point to one that describes more satisfied people. Happiness can be defined as freedom from unhappiness, continued sadness, remorse or regret.

RE: What is happiness? - childwarrior - 04-06-2011 10:58 AM

Happiness and unhappiness are opposite sides of a judgement about your situation. If you judge your situation as bad for you, that's unhappiness. If you judge a situation as good for you, that's happiness.

RE: What is happiness? - jackssmith - 04-12-2011 02:33 PM

According to me, happiness is the moment when you get the satisfaction of your face and smile and the people you make them happy ........, unit measure.happiness is not feeling you get when you totally love And accept yourself for who you are. All restrictions on the freedom of life and just feel the benefits.