Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:29 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[18.222.69.152], connected from Columbus, Ohio United States

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Fixed version] Fight Spam
11-29-2009, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2010 07:01 PM by exdiogene.)
[Fixed version] Fight Spam
I just created this plugin due to the wave of spam I have received lately where members at first glance legit will make a post or 2 seemingly ok and then ad spam linkis. Gotta say, since I coded this I haven''t had a single case of spam.

Anyway, this plugin will allow you to set e number of posts for users to post links either be via http//.... or www.... or the [url][/url] tags. Also it will prevent them to post images with the [img][/img] tags.

This is ideal to fight the recent wave of human spammers.

You can enable and disable the mod from the acp of your forum, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to post links.

In case there will be new legit users, you can choose which individual user or users can bypass the post limit. The same goes for the MemberGroups. You can also choose forums that you want to exclude from the link post limit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.zip  fight_spam_mybbcodes.zip (Size: 4.68 KB / Downloads: 4)
Downloaded by :dannyd, Chainzs, exdiogene

babjusi's signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2009, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2009 05:45 PM by babjusi.)
RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam
The topic is updated with the fixed version of the plugin. A big thank you goes to MadamZuZu for reporting the bug.

babjusi's signature
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
looks like it's now working, thanks Smile i'll let you know if i run into anything else Smile
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
(12-02-2009 11:42 AM)xrum Wrote:  looks like it's now working, thanks Smile i'll let you know if i run into anything else Smile

You are most welcome. Thanks again for reporting that bug. And let me know any time if I can be of any assistence Smile

babjusi's signature
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Was there a problem with this hack?
12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
people with enough posts couldn't post links and images
12-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Another awesome plug-in.
12-15-2009, 07:02 PM
where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
(12-15-2009 07:02 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.

There is no such option. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

babjusi's signature
12-15-2009, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 08:56 PM by andrewjs18.)
(12-15-2009 08:36 PM)babjusi Wrote:  
(12-15-2009 07:02 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.

There is no such option. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

I'm Shemo from mybb community board referring to this post:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-601...#pid439563

you asked me if the test account I made was in a member group that was allowed to post links..I asked here where do I edit that and now you're telling me an option doesn't exist so please explain yourself better. The only excluded groups from your mod are super mods, admins & a special user group..all new accounts get put into the registered user group that was renamed to team members, that isn't excluded from your mod.
0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML