Current time: 04-30-2024, 02:33 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[3.141.27.244], connected from

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Only particular group can enter a forum
12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Only particular group can enter a forum
hello,
I want a plug-in by which I can set that which group can enter a particular forum.
Like I have a forum called "Gold tricks". And I made a group of called "Gold Member". I want to set that people belong to the gold member group can only enter the forum and see threads.

other people will only see how many threads are in the forum and latest threads as it shows in index but when they tired to enter the forum a message will be shown like " an error occurred,you are not allowed to enter the forum". Can it be done?

tech2game's signature [Image: efm7pi.png]
GroupRanks 1.0 | Discover the Future - Techie way
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2009, 09:46 AM
RE: Only particular group can enter a forum
(12-03-2009 09:36 AM)tech2game Wrote:  hello,
I want a plug-in by which I can set that which group can enter a particular forum.
Like I have a forum called "Gold tricks". And I made a group of called "Gold Member". I want to set that people belong to the gold member group can only enter the forum and see threads.

other people will only see how many threads are in the forum and latest threads as it shows in index but when they tired to enter the forum a message will be shown like " an error occurred,you are not allowed to enter the forum". Can it be done?

In principle everything can be done Big Grin

From what you describe, can''t you achive that with the permissions system built in Mybb? If that can''t be achived, can you please provide some screenshots of what you mean cos I might have misunderstood you.

babjusi's signature
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 10:25 AM by tech2game.)
The problem is when I use the permission system in mybb and unselect "Can view threads within forum?" for any group the forum will look like this to those group members..screenshot below..

[attachment=13]

But I don't want it like that. I want them to see the thread number also what is posted last or may be "private" written in the last post section. Those who don't have the permission to enter forum I want them to see like this. screenshot below..

[attachment=14]

But when they(those who don't have the permission to enter) will try to enter the forum they will see this like "an error occurred,you don't have the permission to enter".
I attached the Images...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2009, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 10:29 AM by babjusi.)
I think I understood what you meant. So, you want those who don''t have permissions to view a forum, to be able to view the topic list inside that forum but not the posts themselves inside the topics? If that is the case, then can you atatch here your forumdisplay.php file?

babjusi's signature
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 10:33 AM by tech2game.)
Here I attached my forumdisplay.php file..
I don't even want them to view the topic list. i just want them to view the number of topic and the last post in forum Index. They can't be able to enter the forum.
Also one suggestion,give a favicon..it will look good.

Attached File(s)
.php  forumdisplay.php (Size: 29.1 KB / Downloads: 0)

12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Ah ok, I misunderstood you then. Try this first. After you set the permissions accordingly, go to Board Settings-Forum Home Options and then set the Hide Private Forums? to No. This will accomplish what you want.

babjusi's signature
12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
No not working, but can you make this plugin what you mentioned...

(12-03-2009 10:26 AM)babjusi Wrote:  So, you want those who don''t have permissions to view a forum, to be able to view the topic list inside that forum but not the posts themselves inside the topics?

12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
(12-03-2009 10:42 AM)tech2game Wrote:  No not working, but can you make this plugin what you mentioned...

(12-03-2009 10:26 AM)babjusi Wrote:  So, you want those who don''t have permissions to view a forum, to be able to view the topic list inside that forum but not the posts themselves inside the topics?

I will have a look but as I told you yesterday as well it will have to wait a bit. I have 2-3 plugins to release first that I have promissed before to a couple of other members.

Anyway, can you try this as well.

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=33

babjusi's signature
12-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Can you try this:

Find at the following funnction.forumlist.php file in the /inc/ folder:

PHP Code:[Highlight]
// If this user doesnt have permission to view this forum and we're hiding private forums, skip this forum

if($permissions['canview'] != && $mybb->settings['hideprivateforums'] == 1)
            {
                continue;
            } 

And replace it with:

PHP Code:[Highlight]
// If this user doesnt have permission to view this forum and we're hiding private forums, skip this forum

if($permissions['canview'] != && $mybb->settings['hideprivateforums'] == && $thread['tid'])
            {
                continue;
            } 

babjusi's signature
12-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I will surely try this and let you know what happened...

0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post