Current time: 04-16-2024, 01:21 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[3.133.146.143], connected from

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How about a lik bot checker
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
How about a lik bot checker
How about a link checker bot that tells you when a post has dead links???

tazman's signature
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
RE: How about a lik bot checker
Yes, i read this request on MyBBoard.net and was wondering about the ressources it could need from the server to achieve this for many POSTs...

I already have few requests to complete in february and will consider this as well, i will post here when i will have completed my analysis of this project! Wink

exdiogene's signature MyBBCodes.com administrator
Cool " It is not what you know that matters, it is what you do or do not do!"
02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
(02-05-2010 10:09 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  Yes, i read this request on MyBBoard.net and was wondering about the ressources it could need from the server to achieve this for many POSTs...

I already have few requests to complete in february and will consider this as well, i will post here when i will have completed my analysis of this project! Wink

Thanks that would be great!!

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 03:24 PM by tazman.)
I dont know if this helps and if real but its free open source so check out!!

http://www.gfx-geeks.info/forum/showthre...89#pid2689

also another one i attached the script!!

If not ok to post this then please delte it!!!

Attached File(s)
.php  LinkbotChecker.php (Size: 34.33 KB / Downloads: 3)
Downloaded by :exdiogene, asgard

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
After some verification it seem that this code have enough differences from the original code of "DMan" the original author of the "linkchecker.php" script.

The author of this code have given the autorization to use its code as we see fit with no copyrights at all.

So there is no problem for me to test if it could be used on its actual linked sites and enhance it as needed.

But like many other link checker as this one, very often the link verification stop working with many of the predefined sites.

Anyway, it still can be used as a good starting point! Wink

02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
(02-09-2010 04:44 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  After some verification it seem that this code have enough differences from the original code of "DMan" the original author of the "linkchecker.php" script.

The author of this code have given the autorization to use its code as we see fit with no copyrights at all.

So there is no problem for me to test if it could be used on its actual linked sites and enhance it as needed.

But like many other link checker as this one, very often the link verification stop working with many of the predefined sites.

Anyway, it still can be used as a good starting point! Wink

Good i figured cause i also made sure was ok but could have been wrong i know the site doesn't work anymore but thought might help as a jump start for you!!Anything to make your job easier

tazman's signature
04-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Hello tazman,

i had so much work recently that i almost forgot about this plugin.

I already have made many modifications to the original code to make it suitable to become a plugin, now i would need some good and bad links to test the code i have at this point.

Can you send me those links in a PM please!

Thank you...

P.S. For now i was not able to make it go faster than 80 posts verification per minute, it was at 15 posts per minute before. I will still try to accelerate the process... Wink

04-11-2010, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 11:40 AM by tazman.)
Sorry ive had some issues as of late due to health hat links would you like bud ??Is there a link to download and try this??

tazman's signature
04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
(04-11-2010 11:36 AM)tazman Wrote:  Sorry ive had some issues as of late due to health hat links would you like bud ??Is there a link to download and try this??

Hello,

i am sorry to learn that you had health issues, i hope that all is well for you now! Smile

I had to substantially modify the script you sent me, mostly because it was really really badly coded. First, it was checking only the first page of a thread for the links, all subsequent tpages were not verified. Second, it was calling the threads pages with HTTP which was giving a quite longer delay than just verifying the links inside the database. Third, it was checking the links only once in a lifetime so links going bad after a week were not detected.

So at the end, i kept less than a third of this script for the links testing purpose against their main sites data supplier. Now it is verifying more than 100 times faster... Wink

At this point i want to verify if good links could be verified and receive a positive response to their verification. So if you already have some links that you know to be good i would like to test them in a testing thread here.

Actually i did not create the automated task for verification, i just have a new forum page for testing all the threads i want and get the results in real time.

In the plugin settings you will have the choices to "keep, delete, send to the trashcan or add a warning text line at the end of" any threads failing the links test.

So to be able to fully test this script i need as many good links to all major content supplier you can provide, like :

anonym.to
rapidshare.com
megashares.com
megaupload.com
rapidshare.com
mediafire.com
filefactory.com
depositfiles.com
sendspace.com
hotfile.com
ugotfile.com
egoshare.com
easy-share.com
freakshare.net
sms4file.com
vip-file.com
up-file.com
storage.to
speedyshare.com

Thank you.

04-11-2010, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2010 04:24 PM by tazman.)
ok so i will grab a bunch of posts from warez sites i guess cause there is many available there if thats ok dead and live do you have a test thread i should posts in or is warez post a bad idea i just think good to test??Appreciatte all the work sorry so hard i will gladley do what i can to help!!

tazman's signature
0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please update the Link Checker! tacodelivery 1 1,731 04-24-2011 09:28 PM